Director of Nursing – Adare & District Memory Care Centre
Regional Healthcare Manager
Qualified RGN with at least 3 years experience in the last 6 years in care of the Older Person.
Director of Nursing, Adare & District Memory Care Centre
Mowlam Healthcare provides resident-centered nursing home care with compassion, dignity and respect. Our clear focus is “To Enhance the Quality of Life for Our Older Residents”and to do this we must have the best and most passionate people who are committed to making a difference.
We are currently inviting applications for the position of Director of Nursing for Adare & District Memory Care Centre, Co. Limerick.
This is a dynamic & interesting role managing a Mowlam Healthcare Nursing Home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality of Care Responsibilities
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident through implementation of:
- The Company’s Quality of Care System
- Clinical practice in the home meets Regulations & Standards
- Monitoring of clinical practice through individualised plans of care for each resident
- Conducting internal audits and following up on results of same
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to Company and HIQA standards, procedures and guidelines
Financial Administration Responsibilities
- Maintenance of administrative procedures in the absence of the Administrator
- Monitoring of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of residents fee income, funding source, fee arrears, personal allowance, financial records
- Management of the Nursing Home’s budget.
- Have an understanding of legislative requirements regarding the financial affairs of mentally impaired people
- Conducting regular communication meetings with all clinical staff
- Establish a good rapport with external community agencies bringing the local community into the Home and facilitating residents to attend functions/activities within the local community
- Liaise with Marketing to maximise opportunities to ensure the Home has a high profile in the local community
- Monitor all complaints ensuring that each is documented to include the investigation and outcome
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy to safeguard the safety and welfare of staff, residents and others
- Implement regular fire training and evacuation plans
- Ensure catering meets HACCP standards/ to the highest quality & variety
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the home is to the highest standard
- Ensure a preventative maintenance programme is in place
Human Resources Function
- Participate in the selection and interviewing of staff
- Conduct regular training needs analysis
- Ensure HR practices within the Home comply with all current employment legislation
- with regard to clinical matters
- Ensure all registered nurses employed in the Home are on the “live” Register
Qualifications Skills & Attributes:
- Qualified RGN with at least 3 years experience in the last 6 years in care of the Older Person.
- Registered on appropriate part of Irish live register
- Proven track record in healthcare clinical management
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills
- Sound decision making ability and results driven
- Good appreciation of finance issues
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company
Please contact Janice Hammond (Human Resources) if you have any questions in relation to this role.
Tel: (353) 061 416 055