Healthcare Assistant- Rush Nursing Home
Nurse in Charge
FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare in relevant modules (completed or in process)
We are now looking for caring, empathetic and reliable Healthcare Assistants In Rush Nursing Home, a luxury purpose-built home offering 56 bed, set in the beautiful town of Rush in North Country Dublin.
The ideal candidate should be motivated to progress their career and grow with us here at Mowlam Healthcare!
Purpose of the Role
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care to the residents via the Named Nurse concept. As such a team member, the Care Assistant contributes to the fulfillment of Mowlam Healthcare’s philosophy of care.
Reports To:Nurse in Charge Responsible To:Director of Nursing
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centered care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff, developing & maintaining good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare in relevant modules
- Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive approach
- Caring and empathetic nature
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
What do we offer?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid training
- Subsidised meals
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.
> Due to the high number of applications we only reply to candidates who are shortlisted for interview<